The British Medical Association (BMA) have announced that some junior doctors will take part in industrial action between 7am on Monday 13 March and 7am on Thursday 16 March 2023.
While some disruption should be expected, we are working hard to minimise this and maintain as much routine care as possible whilst ensuring the safe care of all our patients.
We expect services to be busy but it is vital that people do not put off seeking care on strike days.
Patients who need medical advice or non-life-threatening care should:
- Use 111 online as their first port of call as this will be able to identify the most appropriate local service, patients should only call 111 if they do not have access to the internet.
- Patients should also make use of local pharmacies and General Practice for non-urgent medical issues as much as possible.
Patients should only call 999 in a life-threatening emergency.
Patients who have an appointment on strike days:
- Should continue to attend any appointments as planned unless we have contacted you to rearrange.
- The safety of our patients is our absolute priority and appointments will only be rearranged as a last resort to ensure that we have enough frontline staff to care for those who are critically or seriously ill.
- We do understand how frustrating this will be for our patients. Please bear with us and we will do everything we can to re-book you for the earliest possible date.