Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust is part of the National Health Service: the largest employer in Europe.
As you’d expect from an organisation with that kind of backing, we are able to offer a wide-range of career opportunities, in a progressive environment and with an attractive benefits package and in a great part of the world to live.
All of our employees contribute to the health care that we provide for our local population and are a valued resource with a key part to play in our drive for constant improvement.
As part of the NHS, As soon as you become an employee you automatically become a member of the NHS pension scheme. Membership of the scheme is voluntary and, if you wish, you can opt out of the scheme at any time.
There are no administration costs and you may transfer pension benefits into and out of the scheme.
For more details about the NHS Pension Scheme, see the NHS Pensions website.
- Great training and education, including preceptorship and CPD (up to £1,000 individual CPD funding available for nurses, midwives and AHPs)
- Our location: you can access beautiful countryside, historic towns and villages and bustling city life all nearby. With good schools, nature reserves and cultural attractions on our doorstep, and both London and Brighton easily accessible too, there’s something for everyone nearby.
- Free on-site car parking for staff
- At least 35 days leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- NHS pension scheme
- A huge range of Health Service Discounts at hundreds of big brands from holidays to gadgets and restaurants to retail.
- On-site nursery
- On-site Boots and WHSmith shops
- An InPost locker on site
- Restaurant facilities
- Full educational library services
- Excellent rail and bus links
- The local bus operator offer all new staff one month’s free travel to East Surrey Hospital when they first join (please visit the Metrobus website for details and terms and conditions)
- Lockable storage for cycles.