Are you a qualified Allied Health Professional thinking about returning to practice following a career gap? If this is you and you want to re-register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), we want to hear from you.
We will provide you with the opportunity to work with committed professionals to update your skills and knowledge.
We offer a flexible Return to Practice (RTP) programme and would love to hear from the following potential returnees:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapists
If you are thinking about returning to practice, the HCPC recommends you update your knowledge and skills as follows:
- 0-2 years out of your profession – no requirements – look on NHS Jobs for our latest vacancies.
- 2-5 years out of your profession – 30 days of updating your skills and knowledge.
- 5 years or over out of your profession – 60 days of updating your skills and knowledge.
The required timeframes are made up of supervised practice, formal and private study. To note, no more than 50% of the total hours can be private study. Although it is not mandatory, returnees are encouraged to sign up to the HEE Return to Practice programme for clinical, academic and financial support (details below). Returnees have 12 months to update their skills and knowledge.
What we offer
- Supervised placement practice.
- Formal CPD.
- Peer support to enable subsequent application for HCPC re-registration.
- Support throughout the programme and during the recruitment process.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues and working environment.
- Upon achieving your HCPC registration, there is the potential opportunity to apply for registered AHP roles at SASH.
- Flexible hours according to service needs and re-registration requirements.
This is a great opportunity to complete this RTP placement in a paid post as a bank band 3. You will also have the opportunity to work bank shifts at band 3 whilst you await your HCPC registration, allowing you to gain more experience and confidence in the workplace while you practice.
Health Education England will provide AHPs with up to £800 to practice and assist with costs and expenses such as purchasing books, car parking, childcare and more. Health Education England will also pay for some courses relevant to returnees. The funding is available for AHPs who currently reside and work in England.
If you’d like to find out how we can help you return to practice, please contact Malgorzata Higley on 01737 768 511, extension 7422 or at email@example.com to discuss this opportunity.