We would like to reassure you that it remains safe to attend our hospitals for appointments. We will tell you if we need to change your appointment.
Attending your outpatient appointment at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
Like the rest of the NHS, at the start of the pandemic we temporarily reduced the number of people coming into hospital to help us care for people with coronavirus and prevent the spread of infection.
Where appropriate, some appointments may be undertaken by telephone or video appointment. You can read more about our video appointments here and there is more information about telephone appointments here.
- If your appointment is suitable for a telephone or video clinic, or needs to be rearranged, you will be contacted by your hospital team to arrange this.
- If you have a scheduled face-to-face appointment, have not been told that it is being rearranged and do not currently have symptoms for suspected coronavirus, please attend as normal.
- If you are self-isolating with symptoms at home and have an appointment at one of our hospitals that you need to cancel or rearrange, please contact us.
- Attend your appointment as near to your specified time as possible. If you have travelled to the hospital by car, please wait in your car until your appointment time.
- Visitors must clean their hands with the alcohol gel or at the sinks provided when entering and leaving the hospital and the ward. Please note, gloves may not be worn anywhere within the hospital.
- Do not attend outpatients and arrange to have appointment rescheduled if you or anyone in your household have coronavirus symptoms, such as a continuous cough, a temperature or loss of taste / smell.