If the person you care for is admitted to hospital or attending an outpatient appointment, please visit our support for carers page. You will find information about help and support available to you as an unpaid carer of an inpatient at East Surrey Hospital.
To help us better understand the needs of the person you care for, please bring in key information when they are admitted. Helpful items include:
- Any existing care plans that are in place
- Current medicines tablets or prescriptions
- The name, address and phone number of their GP and next of kin
- Information about any other people currently involved in care
- Items of personal need, including hearing aids or important personal mementos. Please ensure these items are clearly labelled
Please avoid bringing in valuable items.
Support for patients who experience mental health problems whilst an inpatient at East Surrey Hospital
Our Patient Medication Helpline is available for you to call if you have any questions about your medicines after you have left hospital.
The freephone number is 0808 2810 188 and the line is manned from 2:30-4:30pm each day, Monday to Friday.
If your question is not urgent, then you can leave a message or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org