Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS can provide confidential advice and support, and can negotiate prompt solutions by liaising with staff and, where appropriate, relevant organisations on your behalf. The PALS office is open weekdays 9:30am to 4:30pm, and is located near the Main Entrance of East Surrey Hospital.
We aim to:
- advise and support patients, families, carers and visitors
- listen to your concerns, suggestions or queries
- help sort out problems quickly on your behalf
- provide information on NHS services
We will do all we can to answer your concerns. If a problem arises while you are at the hospital, please feel free to contact a member of staff or the PALS team.
Telephone: Call PALS on 01737 231 958
You can also raise your concerns by using the online concerns and complaints form.Complaints leaflet A4
Compliments for SASH staff
Has someone made a difference today? Tell us about a team or member of staff who provided high quality care and service. We will share your comments with them and their team.Send a thank you message to our staff
The Trust has a formal complaints procedure. If you’d like to speak to someone about making a formal complaint, please contact the complaints team by telephone, email, post or by using the online concerns and complaints form.Access the online concerns and complaints form
Telephone: 01737 768 511 x6825 during office hours
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
East Surrey Hospital
Redhill, Surrey RH1 5RH
If your complaint concerns a relative, please include the full name, address, and date of birth of that person. Please note in this instance we may, for patient confidentiality reasons, seek their consent to reply to you.
We aim to work with you until you are satisfied that we have answered your complaint fully and honestly. Should more than one organisation be involved in your complaint, we will work with the other organisations to provide a single point of contact and a single response to all your concerns.
As part of the process, we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receipt
- Thoroughly investigate the concerns you have raised
- Provide a full written response within an agreed and reasonable timeframe
- Contact you if there are any issues that need clarification and/or invite you to an informal meeting to discuss your concerns with the relevant senior members of key staff
- Ensure you are kept informed of progress during our investigations
How we manage complaints
Our complaints policy sets out how SASH responds to complaints, concerns, compliments and comments.Download the complaints policy
Alternatively, you can tell your story online with the non-profit service Care Opinion. Your story may appear (without your name) on their website. Care Opinion asks the health service to respond to the feedback you share, but does not reveal your identity.
This service is independent of Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and the NHS. For more information about Patient Opinion and how your story is handled, visit careopinion.org.uk