Private treatment at East Surrey Hospital
Brook Ward is designed with our private patients in mind and we aim to offer that little bit extra to ensure that your visit feels more like a hotel experience than a hospital stay. We are dedicated to providing you with the best care and a friendly and attentive service to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible.
Please discuss with your consultant as to whether private care at East Surrey is an option for you.
You will find a lot of useful information below. If you have anything other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to access private care
Simply discuss your needs with your GP and they will refer you to a specialist Consultant. The Consultant’s private secretary will make contact with the team here at East Surrey Hospital.
Private healthcare can either be paid for by your private health insurance policy if you have one, or it can be self-funded, where you pay for it yourself.
Contact your insurance company to check your policy details, or contact us for a quote.
Why go private at East Surrey?
The most popular reasons for choosing private healthcare are:
- You can choose your consultant
- Prompt treatment
- Private en-suite room
- À la carte menu and snack service
What makes East Surrey Hospital different?
We have several additional benefits that most private hospitals don’t:
- On-site emergency services – some medical procedures can only be offered in private units that have NHS 24-hour care and emergency services on-site
- Immediate access to coronary care units, intensive care and diagnostic facilities at East Surrey Hospital
- State-of-the-art equipment
Planning your visit
Together with your booking letter, you will receive a:
- Pre-admission form (requesting personal details)
- Undertaking to pay form (requesting financial information)
At lunch and dinner time, there is a three course Á la carte menu that you can choose from. A variety of breakfast options are also available. If you miss a meal for any reason there is a snack box available, please ask a member of the nursing team or your ward hostess for this.
Your room and services
All the private rooms on Brook Ward feature en-suite bathrooms and are well equipped and comfortable with TV.
- Visits from the clergy can be arranged for various denominations
- There is a WHSmith with coffee shop and Boots located at the Main Entrance of the hospital
- The Friends of East Surrey Coffee Shop is located at the East Entrance
- A trolley service run by volunteers visits every ward in the hospital on a Monday and Thursday afternoon
- Complementary newspaper every day
Guests are welcome at any time between 2pm – 8pm. For a small additional charge it is possible to arrange for your guests to join you for meals and beverages.
Ask our housekeeper for more details.
NHS patients have the opportunity to experience the private patient facilities whilst receiving NHS Clinical Care. You can enjoy the three course Á la carte menu, private en-suite room, TV and daily newspaper. These beds are booked in advance and payment will be taken in advance of admission. In the unlikely event than an amenity bed is not available at your time of admission you will receive a full refund.
For more information visit our Amenity Beds page.
In October 2014 the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The order placed requirements on private hospitals to disclose required information in relation to referring clinicians for the benefit of patients. Find out more here.