Monday to Friday: 8am – 7pm (5 – 7pm telephone only)
Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 8am – 4pm
SASH provides a range of medical services to a population of 535,000 people living across Surrey and Sussex.
The Temporary Staffing Bureau provides an on-site bank management service to East Surrey Hospital, as well as our services at Crawley and Horsham Hospitals. Over 250 staff provide temporary cover to meet shortfalls due to sickness, annual leave, or short-term unfilled vacancies.
If you work on the nurse bank, you tell us when you are available to work and your availability is then matches with shift requirements across the hospital. Whatever your availability, we value your skills and experience and can provide you with a fantastic opportunity to work with us in a way that suits your lifestyle.
Are you a nurse or midwife working on the bank? Visit the nurse revalidation page for important information about this requirement for all nurses and midwives.
Benefits of working on the bank
- Monthly opportunity to meet with the temporary staffing manager and matron nursing workforce
- Continuous personal development with the prospect of attending any Trust training courses.
- Opportunity to gain experience in a variety of specialties
- Work shifts around your availability
- NHS Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to transfer into a permanent post should a suitable vacancy become available
How to apply
Are you interesting in joining us as a bank member of staff? You can apply online for vacancies at NHS Jobs.
Our bank pay rate are currently under review, you can click on the link below for our current rates.
Temporary Medical Staffing
Intimate Care policy
Management of allegations against staff policy
Safeguarding Adults policy
Safer Holding policy
Guidelines for the provision of one to one nursing care for patients