Welcome to the Surgical Division
The Surgical Division is a demanding, challenging and rewarding place to be.
We are a large multi professional group delivering a wide range of planned, emergency and other key services from the main East Surrey Hospital site as well as at Crawley Hospital.
Clinically led and managerially enabled, we aim to deliver high quality harm free care in the following areas:
- Admissions unit
- Critical Care Outreach Service
- Critical Care Unit
- Day Surgery Unit at East Surrey Hospital and Crawley Hospital
- Dental – including special care dentistry
- Digestive Diseases – including Endoscopy services provided at East Surrey Hospital and Crawley Hospital
- Emergency and acute surgery
- General surgery
- High Dependency Unit
- Hospital Sterilisation and Decontamination Unit (HSDU)
- Operating theatres
- Pain management services
- Pre Assessment Unit
- Trauma and Orthopaedics
A number of nurse specialist roles are also in place to provide additional support to both patients and SASH colleagues. Nurse specialists undertake specific nurse-led clinics as well as patient follow-ups after discharge from hospital.
We are committed to continually improving and developing our services ensuring that patients and families are at the centre of all that we do, we actively seek feedback from all users of our services to ensure they remain responsive and sensitive to the population that we serve.
Associate Director – Surgical division
Chief of Surgery
Divisional Chief Nurse – Surgery